WordPress is the #1 website building software. It’s a rare combination of incredibly easy and extremely powerful. And the support and resources available for WordPress are second to none.
I teach WordPress at four locations. Be sure to check the Computer Skills Required before registering if there’s any question in your mind. It’s a fast paced course.
CALENDAR NOTE: Workshops are designed for those using WordPress already, but need specific help. Classes are for those new to WordPress or in the very early stages of the learning curve.
Opt in for Homework
DO NOT SIGN UP FOR HOMEWORK
UNTIL THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS
About This WordPress Course
This is a hands on class where you will work with WordPress and learn the following:
- WordPress basics
- Installing a shopping cart plugin*
- Marketing your site
* If your site is not an e-commerce site, a shopping cart can still come in handy for dues, events, donations, and so on.
Class begins with everyone logging into a WordPress site. We jump right in. So, to speed things up, please contact me via the following form so I can get you set up with a WordPress site before class. There are three options:
- If you already have a WordPress site you want to work with, be sure to bring your login information.
- You can use a test WordPress site I set up for you. There’s no charge for this.
- I can help you register a domain name, set up a website hosting account, and install WordPress. You can use your new site in class.
(If you have a WordPress account at www.wordpress.com, that won’t work as www.wordpress.com does not allow you full access to install plugins. See discussion on WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org)
Please contact me through the following link so I can make sure you have a WordPress site to work with in class.
If you don’t have a site yet, I’ll set you up with your own test site to work with.
If you have any questions, I’m easily reachable at 509-493-2296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in class,